Sep 1, 2014

Guest room update

Welcome to my guest room update!! I've been inching toward this for a while - gathering ideas and looking for pieces. Here's how it breaks down:
- Lamps are from Good Will and spray painted gold. Love them! Can't believe I found them! I've seen similar ones on One Kings Lane for over $300!! Mine were about $12 each plus the cost of new shades.
- Grey/blue quilt - and 2 shams - are from Garden Ridge - if you can believe it!! $30.00!! Did I mention I'm a cheap shopper?
- Blue and grey silk pillows are West Elm. Normally $30 each but my MIL found them at a model home close out for $2 each!! Score!
- Gold beaded pillow is Pier 1.
- And the painting is, of course, mine. Floating metallics, latex and varnishes in blues, greys, golds and whites finish the story. 
Now, I'm off to refinish my side tables and re-think the drapery panels.